8 SECRETS TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
Everyone has a limited 24 hours in a day, yet there are people who are more efficient than the rest of us. Many a time we see a person and wonder, “what is the secret behind his productivity?” “How does he do it?”
Today we are here to try and answer these questions!
But before we do that let us take a look at why increasing our productivity is something we should work upon.
Relation between Efficiency and Success
The world of hustlers is divided into two major sections, ‘The Winners’ and ‘The wannabe Winners’. Winners are the people who play their cards right. Do the right things at the right times. Winners are the ones who know what they are doing all along. Whereas the wannabe Winners just try and copy the Winners, they work hard but unfortunate for them, the contemporary times value smart workers more than hard workers.
Now, the question arises “What is smart work?”
Well to be very frank the only attribute that distinguishes smart work from hard work is efficiency. If it takes a day to finish a particular task and you can devise a way that can get the task done in 12 hours that is nothing but smart work. And your productivity is in direct relationship with your efficiency so if you are a smart worker you are bound to be more productive than the rest of your colleagues.
Now, that we know the importance of productivity, Let us jump straight to the part all of us have been waiting for,
Secrets to Increasing Productivity.
Well the secret is *whispers* “There is no SECRET!”, but surely there are unconcealed ways to be more productive that we keep ignoring most of our lives. To find out what I am talking about, Read along:
- Always try to do the most important task of the day during your most productive time(for most people, morning is the prime time. Experiment with your routine and find yours).
- Set a realistic time limit for each and every task you take up during the day. Try and finish it in the stipulated time.
- Maintain a to do list and mark the tasks that are important. Also, try to keep the list as diminutive as possible so that you do not get too inundated with it.
- Try to ignore distractions including inconsequential phone calls, various social media sites or YouTube for that matter when you are working.
- Treat yourself when you complete a task within the time-frame. Order a pizza for yourself or invite a friend over for coffee or take yourself out for movies. It will keep you motivated and you will find yourself looking forward to new projects.
- Do not get agitated if things don’t turn out the way you wanted them to. Be calm. Ask yourself, “Where did I go wrong? What can I learn from this?”Trying not to make the same mistake again is an achievement in itself.
- Don’t be hard on yourself. There will be days when you won’t feel like doing anything. Do not fret over it. It’s normal to be less enthusiastic sometimes. To lift your feeling, indulge in your hobbies.
- Do not get drawn towards the facade of perfectionism. It leads to frustration and consumes your energy and time. Instead, try to complete the tasks one at a time to the best of your ability. Once finished, move on to the next venture.
What will you achieve?
Productivity will help you achieve a two fold aim. Firstly, it helps you finish the important tasks in time so that you have time for your family and friends. Secondly, it boosts your self-confidence. A highly productive person is more satisfied with his job because he can meet deadlines and get the work done on time, he eventually gets more raises and appreciation which is a high motivation factor for most people. So, all in all, increasing your productivity will indirectly lead to you having a more satisfactory life and peace of mind.